There is something truly wonderful about a day without much planned and nothing that has to be done. I don't think that I have truly had time off quite like this is a really long time.
For three days, I have just enjoyed spending time reconnecting with my friends Rick and Ellen. When I lived in Barcelona 7 years ago, Rick was my boss while I worked as the office manager for Mercy Ships, Spain. This is the first time I have been back to Spain since 2006, so it has been exciting to meet old friends and return to several familiar places and eating my favorite foods.
Rick and Ellen now have two of the cutest little girls, so we have been going to the park, reading books and playing in the apartment. It has been so peaceful and relaxing to do nothing more than entertain 4 year old Emma and 1 1/2 year old Julia.
Today we went to church in the morning, then played all afternoon. We even walked down to the beach, ate ice cream and drank Horchata (a sweet drink that you can only get in Spain....not like the Mexican version that is made out of rice).
Life is good!


No comments:
Post a Comment